Friday, March 11, 2011

Get Me To The Greek

I haven't seen the movie so the title may not be so appropriate but it sounded good for now (I reserve the right to change this post once I've seen the movie).  I'm heading to dinner at Chez Rochester North* with the Chuck Street gang tomorrow night.  What kind of wine should I bring to a Greek dinner?  My friends are slaving over moussaka so I need to make sure to complement it with a nice wine.  I've done a bit of googling and apparently I'm looking for a wine that won't overpower the spices in the food.  One of the websites suggested a Zinfandel another suggested Sangiovese and there was a Bordeaux recommendation.  I've got all of those in "the cellar".

I'm really looking forward to this meal.  In all my googling, I saw lots of recipes for moussaka and it doesn't look like an easy dish to make.  As always, the guys are going to an awful lot of work!  I just hope my wine choice  measures up.  Who am I kidding?  It's wine + friends... always a perfect match!

Update:  After some consultation, I've decided on the Sangiovese.  I'm taking Castellare di Castellina.

*Chez Rochester North:  A friend's place - not a restaurant (but both this and their Rochester B&B location are highly recommended).

No comments:

Post a Comment