Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chianti Classico & celebrity crushes

The mousakka was wonderful.  I'm embarassed to admit that I had never had mousakka before.  I was a teensy bit nervous about trying something so "different", but I was looking forward to it because the Chez Rochester boys have never let me down.  It was delicious!  I also got to try dolmades and some fabulous homemade hummus.  It was like visiting a really comfortable Greek restaurant - only, for some reason, they didn't let us throw the dishes and yell "opa!" (maybe next time).  The wine was a perfect choice.  The Castellare di Castellina is definitely a wine I'd try again.  It went really well with the meal (but also would have been great on it's own).

What kind of conversation goes with Greek food and the first of 40 bottles of wine?  Among other things, we ended up revealing some deep dark secrets like...  Who is your most embarassing celebrity crush?  (OK, perhaps not so deep and dark but you never know what people will reveal.)  It can be someone that might make us all laugh at you or perhaps a crush from when you were a kid that you've never been able to let go.  Some of the responses were:
  • Drew Carey (when he was on the Drew Carey Show - not the Price is Right Drew Carey of today)
  • Ellen (she got points for her quirkiness)
  • John Stamos (I stand behind the fact that he's still crush-worthy but it's embarassing because I've had the crush since I was about 11 years old)
  • Will, from Will & Grace (especially in the first few seasons)
I watched Get Him to the Greek today.  First of all, despite the title of yesterday's entry, I need to say that (thankfully) dinner with my friends is nothing like partying with Aldous Snow.  But, I might need to add Russell Brand to my "embarassing celebrity crush" list.  There's a certain bad-boy appeal about him (buried behind the dirty, disgusting, rude persona).

Bottom line:  The wine was great, the meal was fabulous and, as always, the company was very entertaining.  1 bottle down, 39 more adventures to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment